Artisan Inn Rental Waiver
& Package Cancellation Policy
Guests agree to respect the following policies.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the property.
- Pets are not permitted.
- The max number of guests listed for a property may not be exceeded and Artisan Inn properties (inside and grounds) may not be used for special events (ex weddings, parties..) unless permission has been granted by management.
- Individuals who are required to be in self-isolation during the reserved period are not permitted in Artisan Inn properties unless they have be rented specifically for that purpose.
PACKAGES MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE OF THE ARRIVAL DATE
A package includes accommodations, evening meals, hot breakfasts (or an option for packed breakfast for those on the move early) and few extra treats from the inn. Gratuities and beverages are not included.
DEPOSIT & CANCELLATION
REQUIRED DOWN PAYMENT: The advertised base rate for the room or vacation home will be charged as a down payment for the package. Ex If you wish to book the May Trinity Room package at $500 plus tax. The down payment for the package will be for $175 plus tax. The base rate can be found at the top of the room or vacation home profile page on our website. The deposit amount follows our standard cancellation policy found here until 8 days prior to the reservation.
Deposits on bookings cancelled
- By 10pm Newfoundland time the day after they were made will be fully refunded unless the reservation was made within 8 days of the first booked date.
- More than 45 days prior to the first reserved date* will be refunded minus a $25 plus tax administration fee Guests can also choose to receive a gift certificate in their name worth 100% of the deposit***.
- 45 to 30 days prior to the first reserved date* will be refunded 50% or guests can choose to receive a gift certificate in their name worth 100% of the deposit***
- 29 Days to 14(vacation home)/9(rooms) Days Prior to Package Room Bookings: The deposit is non-refundable. We will allow for a gift certificate option in the amount of the deposit up to 9 days prior to the booked date.
- Package Vacation Home Bookings: We will allow for a gift certificate option in the amount of the deposit up to 2 weeks prior to the booked date.
Gift certificates offered for this cancellation period are valid until the end of the 2021 season.
- 8 Days Prior The full package amount is charged to the card on file.
- ADJUSTING A PACKAGE 9 DAYS OR MORE DAYS PRIOR TO THE FIRST RESERVED DATE: Guests also have until 9 days prior to remove the package options from their booking (if you would like to switch it to a regular booking or remove a portion of the included meals). The invoice will be adjusted to reflect items remaining at regular advertised pricing for that time and season.
- CANCELLING A FULL PACKAGE WITHIN 8 DAYS
It is not our intention to make clients feel there is no flexibility, however, we make plans and investments in order to honour these reservations that determine how and when we open our season. A shoulder season package guarantees that we will operate our restaurant during your visit even if we have no other guests. This influences our decision to accept additional reservations for that evening, what groceries we buy in preparation for your meals and how we schedule our staff. Credit card processing fees are also incurred for the purchase of the package. If you need to cancel under special circumstances, or need to adjust the dates at any time, please call us to discuss potential options.
Should you decide to cancel the package between 8 days to 2 days prior to the reservation, $110 per person booked under the package will be refunded. Within 24 hours of the first booked dinner no portion of the package is refundable.
*, **, *** See below signature line for further details
Please enter your legal name
as it appears on your passport.
*The first reserved date begins at 12:00am on the date reserved.
** If you cancel and receive a partial refund, but we are able to rebook the entirety of your cancelled stay, we may decide to provide a gift certificate for the amount recouped by re-booking, but the amount is at our discretion based on the circumstances of the cancellation and the work it takes to rebook.
***GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR STANDARD CANCELLATIONS IN LIEU OF REFUNDS
Should you opt to take the 100% gift certificate (instead of a refund to your card minus the cancellation fee) for a cancellation not related to a border shutdown or non-essential travel ban, but determine later you cannot use it, you may request to cancel the certificate and receive a partial refund. The refunded amount will be calculated based on how far in advance the booking was cancelled. Example: you cancel your 3 night stay 50 days prior to your reservation and take the gift certificate worth 100% of the deposit in your name. A year later you decide you won't be able to use it and request a refund OR ask for the name on the certificate to be adjusted and transferred to someone else. The gift certificate will be refunded to your credit card or digitally transferred to another individual MINUS the cancellation fee of $25 plus tax, the fee for cancelling more than 45 days prior to the booking in this case.
****GIFT CERTIFICATES ISSUED INTER-PROVINCIAL NON-ESSENTIAL TRAVEL SHUT DOWN: We understand that if you are travelling within your own province you likely do not have travel insurance to cover cancellations. Should a non-essential travel ban be imposed within 8 days of your reservation a gift certificate for the full amount of the booking will be issued.
****GIFT CERTIFICATES ISSUED FOR TRAVEL SHUT DOWN TO NEWFOUNDLAND: If a travel shut down is announced between 45 and 8 days prior to your reservation, the non-refundable portion of your deposit can be issued as a gift certificate. If you would like a monetary refund you can contact us after the dates you had reserved and if we were able to rebook the entire stay we can exchange the issued gift certificate for a monetary refund minus a processing fee to cover credit card charges. Should a travel shut down announced within 8 days of your trip prevent you from travelling to Newfoundland any amount of the reservation that we are able to rebook will be refunded to your credit card or issued as a gift certificate. Travelers should have appropriate insurance in place to claim the non-refundable portion of the booking.
Conditions: If a travel ban to Newfoundland is re-announced and the Artisan Inn advises you to cancel, you may still decide to hold onto your reservation, but our regular cancellation policy will apply and gift certificates/monetary refunds will not be offered as an option if you cancel in the future.